- Before starting to write code, look for existing tickets or create one for your specific issue. That way you avoid working on something that might not be of interest or that has been addressed already in a different branch.
- Fork the repo or for small documentation changes, navigate to the source on github and click the Edit button.
- Write inline documentation for new methods or class members.
- Write tests and make sure they pass (execute
make testfrom the cmd line to run the test suite).
- Follow the general coding style of the rest of the project (comma first, etc).
To contribute to the API documentation just make your changes to the inline documentation of the appropriate source code in the master branch and submit a pull request. You might also use the github Edit button.
To contribute to the guide or quick start docs, make your changes to the appropriate
.jade files in the docs directory of the master branch and submit a pull request. Again, the Edit button might work for you here.